Upgrade failure

Patrick Cohan cvlug at shaw.ca
Fri May 18 23:05:05 UTC 2012

Do you know how to setup the `interfaces' file in /etc/network ?

I can forward a model of one if you tell me if your connection is static
or dynamic.

If the text of the network icon click says `not managed' click edit and
add eth0 to the list. Get the Mac address by using `ifconfig eth0' in a
command window. Copy that Mac address into the network window that says
`wired', and then set it for DHCP or static... then reboot the machine.

The network listing should now show eth0 behind the Mac address insertion.

You should also have an internet connection, but the network icon window
will continue to show that it is not managed.

Grub can be re-installed from the live disc... do a google search for
`install grub'... one program does it all, but I can't think of its name
at this moment.