Installation failure

jl j_lp at shaw.ca
Mon May 14 15:45:45 UTC 2012

On 12-05-08 02:48 PM, Mark Ueki Mina wrote:
> So Installing the newest version of Ubuntu is stumbing me quite a bit.
> To first rule out CD drive and image corruption I did download a fresh
> copy of UNetbootin and it to no avail does nothing. I'm looking around
> for an image of 10.04 to see if it will install, not much hope. Ubuntu
> is currently installed on this machine but it does not boot, 10.10
> broke it. Parts are as listed below.
>
> Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550  @ 2.83GHz
> 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz
> ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E3-WS-Pro
> 1024MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
> 977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)
> 977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EALS-00Z8A0 ATA Device (SATA)
> 78GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-22LSA0 ATA Device (SATA)(Boot Drive
> and drive for *Nix
> Optiarc DVD RW AD-7261S ATA Device
> Scarlett 2i2 USB
> Creative 1616
>

> Anything there look like it could be a system breaker? Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks, Mark

hi this is john from Ubuntu kootenay BC

do you have a laptop or tower and what is the model

I found that the beast copy of Ubuntu for me was this year Edubuntu
12.04 . The reasons is because In the install menu it has a choice of
what  desktop environment you want to load . It offer the new Ubuntu
desktop or the old GNOME desktop . I have installed the GNOME desktop i
find it more efficient and also more simple to use . I also have
installed this copy of Ubuntu on many other computer that add difficulty
accepting the new desktop but worked well with the   GNOME desktop.

I hope this well help you

happy computing

Ubuntu kootenay BC