Installing Ubuntu (for Georges Maltais)

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Sun May 6 03:21:34 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Georges Maltais <geom1954 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to have the latest version of Ubuntu installed on my laptop
> which runs on Windows 7 ultimate,
>                             Thank you,Georges Maltais

Hi Georges,

Best place to start is probably at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation which has a wide
variety of options for installing Ubuntu.

The two most useful methods for you to install alongside your Win7 OS
are probably Wubi:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromWindows

Or the standard LiveCD, which has a very good guided installation
process - see the "Standard Installation" section of the Installation
page at the first link I gave above.

Best of luck, and please feel free to ask here on the Ubuntu Canada
list if you have any issues.

Brian
(oh, and to the self-appointed net cop who tried to rigidly define
what this mailing list and community are "for" - you were wildly and
insanely out of line. 'nuff said.)