hud

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:33:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM, raymond house <raymondh40 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have a question, in 12.04 unity the Alt key brings up the hud bar,
> what is the function of this? It says "type your command". I checked around
> and have not found any info on it.  Thanks

Surely if this were as intuitive as it's claimed to be, typing "What
are you for?" or "How does this work?" into the thing would bring up
an explanation page? ;-)

Still a Unity skeptic, but I have a new computer I'm assembling this
weekend and I'll give 12.04's update of Unity a week or ten days to
convince me it's just not shiny pointless bling that killed off the
perfectly functional GNOME 2.x... I might even try GNOME Shell,
although playing with that on my brother's laptop hasn't convinced me
it's anything other than Unity with less hype behind it.

Ah well, even if it will initially be saddled with Unity the new
machine is going to be awesome. Shuttle box with Intel guts, i3 CPU,
8GB of RAM, a couple TB of storage. New monitor and keyboard too.
Spiffy new kit!

Brian