ubuntu-ca Digest, Vol 87, Issue 12

David M. Pelly david.pelly at hotmail.ca
Tue Jun 26 12:35:03 UTC 2012

Thanks Geekus.

But your explanation is too technical for me.

I got your point  that yours is working.

I am running the latest Ubuntu version.

But...

I haven't got a clue on how to check my browser's JavaScript settings.

And what to check for if I knew what to do, if I knew where to find it?

I found this on line, at:   http://enable-javascript.com/

On the web browser click "Firefox" menu and then select "Options".In the "Options" window select the "Content" tab.Mark the "Enable JavaScript" checkbox.In the opened "Options" window click on the "OK" button to close it.Click on the "Reload current page" button of the web browser to refresh the page.

It looks like a very well done explanation, with very good thumbnail pictures,  but

I looked on my desktop  and I can't even find Firefox  "menu"  to start with.

I do not   see "firefox menu" anywhere?

Where is it?

In any event,  I looked on the thumb nails on that instructions web  page and it does not show any options for settings,  only on and off.

And it says that mine is on.

I am amazed of the detail the person went through on setting up his instruction site.

David