Ubuntu Hour tonight, SysAdminDay Dinner next week

DavidCroal davidc at sentex.ca
Fri Jul 20 13:31:22 UTC 2012

Hi.

I have a lot of experience using a branch of UNIX called FreeBSD. I have
some LINUX experience including Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu. If you wanted
me to speak about Ubuntu I could do an introductory talk aimed at
Windows and Mac users.

I know how you feel when you wonder how many people would come. If you
have a location that does not charge you rent and you don't mind the
time and effort what else matters? If a couple people show up and they
learn something, great. We don't get huge turn-outs at our workshops but
a few people learn to solder. They leave with a smile and a kit that
blinks LEDs. They have a new skill or the foundation of one. They seem
happy.

If you ran an event like this in Cambridge or Guelph I would help
promote it.
Take care.