Electronic Frontier Foundation

Chris candive1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 21:25:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Here are Details e mailed to me.edited for content.

START Quote

Electronic Frontier Foundation
Dear C,

Thank you for urging your members of Congress to reject the Internet
Blacklist Legislation (PROTECT-IP in the Senate and SOPA in the
House). We've got big news. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has just
declared that he is postponing a vote on the Protect IP Act (PIPA)
scheduled for Tuesday. And in the House of Representatives, Rep. Lamar
Smith issued a statement conceding the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)
wasn't ready for prime time either.

The blacklist bills are falling to pieces as we speak.

And it's all thanks to you. Our members took part in one of the
largest online protests in history. Over 100,000 websites went black
as citizens sent millions of emails to Congress to show opposition to
the blacklist bills. The EFF action platform generated over 1 million
emails to Congress in a single day.

Congress heard you. Our elected officials are learning that online
censorship regimes won't solve the "piracy" problem, and we're not
going to let up. When it comes to sacrificing our rights to publish
and access information online, there can be no compromise. "Piracy" is
a business problem that needs a business solution, not lopsided
legislation that favors big content industries over our Constitutional
rights.

END Quote

Wish I could take credit, all I did was sign some petitions and spread the word.
But Together We Can !

Chris.

--
Be brave. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
Safeguard  those less fortunate.

www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum/index.php

www.bglug.ca