Join a Jam, Make Jam, Eat Jam!

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:32:24 UTC 2012

Hey guys!  Let me know if I can help. I've been running jams for about
two years now in Kitchener.

It's easy!

1) Pick a venue.  WiFi and workspace are the main criteria.  A coffee
shop can work, but a college classroom, community centre or something
similar might be better, if people can get online.  Your living room
can work too!

2) Come up with an activity for people.  Testing the iso is probably
the easiest, and people like trying out the new version on their
hardware.  You can also work on artwork, triage/fix bugs, write
documentation, or anything else that helps Ubuntu.

3) Spread the word! You can create an event listing here:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ca and use that link to promote it
everywhere else.  Local subreddits, LUG mailing lists, college
campuses, anywhere else where potentially interested people might
gather.

4) Have fun!  Order out for pizza, take a break and play some
Teeworlds (that's testing, right?), go out to a pub afterwards... It's
not all work.  And you can start plotting the release party. :D

And yeah, there's #ubuntu-ca on freenode (aka, irc.ubuntu.com).  I'm
in there most of the time and I'd be happy to talk about any or all of
this.

Darcy.