two questions

bergfly bergfly at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:37:49 UTC 2012

As often as not, the wrong screen resolution in Kubuntu is due to the
drivers for your video card not been installed.

Click on the K gear to open the menu... type driver in the search area...
It will find the additional drivers dialogue. Run this..If that does not
solve the problem (reboot required) then go to the links below.

In terms of K3B.. If you double click on the dialogue box saying enhance
functionality, this should open the package manager to install these
packages after you authenticate.

If this does not work, open the Muon package manager (not the Muon software
centre, that is pretty useless) and type in K3b. It will find a bunch of
packages related to K3b.  You are looking for the Libk3b6-extracodecs.
Install that and you should be golden

Hope it helps, you can email me if you have any Kubuntu specific questions

cheers

Bergfly