fixed, no thanks to HP

Alex Gabriel alexgabriel at dimensiadesign.com
Mon Feb 6 18:11:31 UTC 2012

Was the system sold to you with Ubuntu installed?  If not, then you're
on your own.  HP is under no obligation to provide assistance with
operating systems/additional software not provided as part of their
installation process.

If you are able to reproduce the problem using both Linux and Windows,
then it's a hardware issue.  If the behaviour cannot be reproduced,
then it is a software issue.  See above comment regarding unsupported
software.

FYI, I'm not an employee of any computer manufacturer, but I
understand their point of view, as I work in Technical Support myself.

Alex Gabriel