Something wrong with Ubuntu

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Dec 11 04:55:27 UTC 2012

Sometimes the palms of my hands rest on the laptop "mouse" touchpad,
accidentally highlighting a bunch of text and cut'n'pasting it somewhere
else on the page.  If this is happening to you, turn off the touchpad -
there may be a keystroke with the function key that does it, or a text
command like "synclient touchpadoff=1".

I once used a mouse with a bad cable, and was plagued by all sorts of
strange behaviour: double-clicks when I single-clicked; text
highlighting was mysteriously intermittent; the mouse cursor jumped all
over the screen.  If this is happening to you, try replacing the mouse.

By the way, it helps if you describe the problem in the subject line of
the message, eg. "Problem: highlighted text appears somewhere else in
body of e-mail".  It's always a good idea to mention the software you're
using eg. Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.  If you're on the Web
quote the URL of the Website you're using, eg. "Can't send mail from
http://mail.example.org/adbot/"

--Bob.

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413