is this true

Deryl R. Doucette me at deryldoucette.com
Tue Sep 27 19:36:45 UTC 2011

Microsoft sits on the UEFI board. Please. Like Microsoft doesn't know that A) its own keys WILL be preloaded thus making sure Windows is a *definite* installable choice, and that B) it directly impacts, through its sheer buying power and OEM programs, what OSs and configurations will be default available. We're not even going to mention that Microsoft has *already* been pushing on OEM and other system manufacturers to enable SecureBoot *by default* and to NOT include options for A) Adding additional signing keys, and B) disabling SecureBoot on prebuilt PCs regardless of whether they are being sold through Microsoft OEM / Manufacturer channels.

That tells me that Microsoft is trying to co-opt a technology designed for ALL machines for their OWN agenda. Business logic or not, thats another strike against Microsoft.

--
Deryl R. Doucette

"Boring exercises absolutely kill any desire to program, while the perfect exercise creates an itch the new programmer can't help but scratch." - Chris Pine : Learn to Program

"Programming is like Sex: One mistake and you're supporting it for the rest of your life." - Unknown Author