Editing boot records.

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:51:03 UTC 2011

Your grub entry for Windows is looking @ /dev/sdd1

menuentry "Windows Vista (loader) (on /dev/sdd1)" {
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ntfs
	set root='(hd3,msdos1)'
	search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 2652b0af52b084d9
	chainloader +1}

Which doesn't seem to exist in your drive listing(as if you had 4 drives)
I would highly recommend editing /etc/grub.d/40_custom
and only adding somthing like this:

menuentry "Windows Vista/7" {
	set root='(hd0,1)'
	chainloader +1}

hd is your drive number ( sda =0 , sdb=1, sdc=2, sdd=3, etc..)
the number after the comma is the partition number on that drive:
sda1 = (hd0,1)  sda2=(hd0,2)
sdb1 = (hd1,1)  sdb1=(hd1,2)

after you modify the 40_custom you need to tell grub to regenerate the boot
config:
sudo update-grub

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Mark Ueki Mina <themarker0 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Well I've finally gotten some hardware i can use linux on,  unfortunately,
> i have three harddrives in this machine, it appears Grub only wants to show
> Ubuntu though. I h ave a pastebin with my numbers and partitions, can anyone
> tell me which file to edit? I though it was boot/grub/menu.list from memory,
> but evidently, i am wrong.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark.
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/690726/