Assistance, SVP

Chris candive1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:25:32 UTC 2011

Ralph,
Edubuntu stars auto install DVD's will be in the mail tomorrow.
Hit enter until asked to reply yes or no, then yes, yes.
Going to push hard for shipping the 10.
Sorry for huge delay.
You can make changes to the Stars folders on desktop and home folder to name
yourself as contact.
Chris.
bglug.ca

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Ralph Pichie <thevillagegeek at gmail.com>wrote:

> You may recall my project to equip students and families in Slave
> Lake, Alberta with replacement computers for those lost in the big
> fire back in May. That effort has helped quite a few people with more
> than 45 systems shipped to people who need them. I have several more
> to prepare and just myself to do it. In order to get these computers
> ready and shipped to students in time to assist with distance courses,
> I need help with testing, installation and movement of the computers.
> Help with making software CDs would also be useful. A few people for a
> few hours should do it. This would be a good opportunity for students
> of system administration to get hands-on experience with installation
> and working with older computer hardware.
>
> The location would be at ENTS, and the time probably an evening during
> the next week or two, though not a Thursday.
>
> Please contact me by email if you are willing and able to help.
>
> Ralph

Linux! The Freedom to Choose.
www.bglug.ca