dscassel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 07:05:12 UTC 2011
I've been a bit busy lately. It occurs to me that I ought to be doing
a better job delegating. Your help is invaluable to keep the LoCo
functioning and prospering! The more people we have helping, the more
we can accomplish!
So here's a few jobs off the top of my head that I've been doing
rather haphazardly. If you want to jump into any one of these roles,
it would be a big help. I can help you with any one of these. If
you're going to take any of them on, I'd ask you to read, understand
and abide by the Code of Conduct
* Make sure there's an agenda.
* Post reminders to the mailing list and an announcement on the LoCo directory.
* Post the minutes, with any action items, to the wiki.
* Post the meeting log to the wiki.
* Show up for the meeting (very important).
* Keep discussion on track, on topic and mostly following the agenda.
Meeting chair and secretary can be the same person.
* Maintain the webpage. (http://ubuntu-ca.org/)
* Ensure content is up to date.
* Encourage people to contribute to the website.
* Ensure that our team report is updated before the end of every
* Usually, this doesn't involve much more than copying events down
from the LoCo directory (or writing a script to do that).
Last but certainly not least:
Local team co-ordinator/event organizer
* Organize and run events in your city!
* Get in touch with LUGs or other local groups that can help the cause.
More information about the ubuntu-ca