Volunteers needed!

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 07:05:12 UTC 2011

Hi folks!

I've been a bit busy lately.  It occurs to me that I ought to be doing
a better job delegating.  Your help is invaluable to keep the LoCo
functioning and prospering!  The more people we have helping, the more
we can accomplish!

So here's a few jobs off the top of my head that I've been doing
rather haphazardly.  If you want to jump into any one of these roles,
it would be a big help.  I can help you with any one of these.  If
you're going to take any of them on, I'd ask you to read, understand
and abide by the Code of Conduct
(http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/conduct).

Meeting Secretary

* Make sure there's an agenda.
* Post reminders to the mailing list and an announcement on the LoCo directory.
* Post the minutes, with any action items, to the wiki.
* Post the meeting log to the wiki.

Meeting Chair

* Show up for the meeting (very important).
* Keep discussion on track, on topic and mostly following the agenda.

Meeting chair and secretary can be the same person.

Webmaster

* Maintain the webpage.  (http://ubuntu-ca.org/)
* Ensure content is up to date.
* Encourage people to contribute to the website.

Team reports

* Ensure that our team report is updated before the end of every
month. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/TeamReports/)
* Usually, this doesn't involve much more than copying events down
from the LoCo directory (or writing a script to do that).

Last but certainly not least:

Local team co-ordinator/event organizer

* Organize and run events in your city!
* Get in touch with LUGs or other local groups that can help the cause.

Darcy.