berserk fan after suspend/resume solved

Ralph Pichie thevillagegeek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:09:10 UTC 2011

Early in the summer, I requested help for an annoying problem with a
fan that went to full speed and stayed there until shutdown after
suspend/resume on my HP 620 laptop.
None of the tips on processes or wifi fixed it. I found a script to
try, but never got around to implementing it until today.

The problem occurred in GNOME (Ubuntu Classic without effects and
others) but not with LXDE. Once I added the script from
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1761370.html to my
/etc/pm/sleep.d and made it executable, I was able to suspend and
resume from GNOME without the fan going bonkers.