The sting of Bing and giving Skype the skip

Ralph Pichie thevillagegeek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:34:37 UTC 2011

Just now, after exiting Hurtmail, uh Hotmail,  an account I keep only
because of old registrations, I was repeatedly redirected to that
thing called Bing even with full URLs entered in Firefox, until I
closed that tab.  Trying to go to livescience.com, the address was
rewritten to bing.com several times. It's time to migrate to another
junk account, ditch the tool of the Beast and phase out its
newly-subservient minion Skype. I have two Google accounts, but am
leery of putting too much there. I have Jitsi, but have yet to give it
a try. Anybody got suggestions for somebody who needs to call long
distance to land lines/mobiles and do some video chat? Any webmail
providers that either aren't too intrusive or are easy to BS?