Old Linux kernels

gord campbell gordc2005 at velcom.ca
Thu Oct 6 14:30:53 UTC 2011

When Grub appears, do a cursor-down, cursor-up so it stays on the
screen. Note what kernel versions you would like to remove, for example
"2.6.32-28".

Run Synaptic Package Manager and search (not quick search) for 32-28

You should see about a dozen lines, with three items which are
installed. Mark those three for complete removal, and Apply.

When you are finished, run: sudo update-grub

"I think i remember being able to tell the system to keep only 2 or 3
old kernels but I have forgotten how to do it."