Linux news what's new locally

Chris candive1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:32:47 UTC 2011

*Hi all,

The following is a message (edited for content) sent to the bglug.ca list.
The following is happening at Georgian College in Owen Sound.
Chris.*

Chris
My topic is :

Is Microsoft heading for extinction?

Linux and open source office software. Small, Free, Safe!

Join us for a look at the Linux operating system and open source software.

I will show how it can: Help you recover lost data when
Windows crashes.

                               Allow you to
surf the Internet without fear of infection or hijack

                               Re-purpose old
computers with a small fast operating system

It is rather informal about 45 minutes or so. I have enough computers to
use thanks. I just thought I would demo a live cd and perhaps a live usb to
use for data recovery.
You are welcome to join us. I would appreciate the moral and perhaps
technical support if I am asked a question outside my knowledge.
Tuesday Dec 13 from 1300 to 1400 here at the college. Let me know if you
want to come so I can let you know what room we are in.

*End.*

--
*
*