On Local Teams

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:04:05 UTC 2011

Hi Randall,

I pretty much entirely agree.  :)

I see value in an umbrella organization, dealing with things like this
mailing list and the website, helping those outside large cities, and
supporting growth in new cities.  But I think that could easily exist
as a separate entity, in which the city teams participate.

How Canonical ships CDs came up, but I see that as tangential.  The
CDs are nice, and it would be great if they sent out more shipments
across the country, but it's not something that should dictate how the
community is organized.

I suppose it's no big surprise that this was discussed extensively at
last night's IRC meeting.  Log here:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/11/02/%23ubuntu-ca.htmlhttp://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/11/02/%23ubuntu-ca.html

Darcy.