Ubuntu demo machine

Ralph Pichie thevillagegeek at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:55:39 UTC 2011

A few weeks back, I spoke with an employee at a downtown Edmonton
coffee shop who said that her manager was perhaps interested in a low
maintenance internet station to lure more customers. I spoke about the
many benefits of using Ubuntu or another GNU/Linux distro and
repurposed hardware, based on my experience establishing a similar
setup in Ottawa nearly two years ago. I hope to speak with her and/or
her boss again today. Can I presume that others from Ubuntu Canada
would get behind an effort to get free software into the public eye?