firefox 4.0

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 25 14:12:33 UTC 2011

  Probably not. I have no idea what has been downloaded. If it
is the sources, they need to be build first.

If it is binaries, I would not know for which Linux distro, kernel, libc
etc it was build.

Furthermore, we do not know if all libraries that FF4 depends on are
already
installed.

The safest way to install software on an Ubuntu system is to use
packages that
are build against the particular Ubuntu release is to use the official
archives, or a launchpad ppa where you can find packages before they are
officially released for instance.

The package manager will then ensure that all dependencies that are missing
are installed too, and that the binaries are build against the right
libraries.

-Ralph