Unity ?

William Frick wfrick at rogers.com
Tue Mar 15 13:57:35 UTC 2011

This debate over Unity and Gnome seems a little acrimonious ! It would seem that Unity will not bring unity to Ubuntu. I am quite happy with 10.10 and have recommended it to others. Until I see the 11.04 I won't be pushing it.

I have enjoyed my Ubuntu uniqueness but wonder the wisdom of chasing the end user with 'difference' rather than 'substance' . Getting all the extraneousness bits to work easily would be more useful to me than 'a new UI'. Those Windows or Mac only irritations when dealing with external devices  for example.

Bill