Dual Monitors

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Mar 8 01:05:36 UTC 2011

On 3/7/2011 9:22 AM, William Frick wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I connected the second monitor and after a little confusion,
> configuration and self congratulation all is well ! I must admit I am
> quite surprised at how easy it is and wonder why I didn't do it sooner.
>
> I am still thinking of an upgrade to the video card though but I must
> do a little more investigation. Recommendations would be welcome though.
>
> thanx
>
> Bill

Hi Bill  slightly off topic:

I bought a Video Card, works great in Linux, not too well in Win 7.
Found out it was not that well cooled. None of them are. Nvidia with 98
Cores in Parrallel, aught to do real fast Graphics, with ddr-5 Memory
and i Gig on Board. Only getting 35 Frames per second, in Windows. Any
faster stuff and the frame rate drops, Because it is getting HOT!
Removed the Stock Heat Sink put on a 3 - Heat Pipe Video Cooler, now I
get 120 Frames per second, still not that great! In Linux I get 140
Frames per second using the Nvidia Driver. and it goes faster than that!
More load and it slows down! It has a Sleeve Bearing Fan on it that runs
upside down, and that is real bad news, because that little Split Washer
wears real fast and then the Fan falls apart!  If you can get say a 5
heat Pipe Cooler, and a Ball Bearing Fan that runs great upside Down,
then you might be going somewhere with it. X240G Needs very Good Cooling
to work very well!

Alfred!