Dual monitors

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 02:25:31 UTC 2011

I'm running 10.10 with dual monitors on my laptop right now.  Intel
graphics.  No problems.

My desktop typically has three monitors over two nVidia cards.
Spanning the two cards breaks compiz effects for some reason, and it
was a bit tricky to set up, but otherwise no problems.  Two monitors
doesn't have those problems.

Intel graphics means xrandr works fine (you can use System >
Preference > Monitors to control them).  For nVidia, I needed to use
nvidia-settings and set it to Xinerama.

Bill, the hardware requirements are generally a supported graphics
card with two monitor outputs.  Are you using a desktop or laptop?
Are you looking for advice upgrading your graphics card?

Darcy.