Is there a single Twitter client that actually works?

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 02:43:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Ralph Pichie <thevillagegeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today, these have failed:
> Gwibber: crashed twice (loads like pulling teeth with forked roots)
> Pino: where in Hades is it? How about some instructions that are current?
> Twitux: access denied all the time with correct info
> gTwitter: What Preferences button you idiots?
> Hotot: wasted my time creating an identi.ca account, won't
> authenticate with my Twitter account, asks me to regain my access
> token. (Gee, thanks...)

For those that fail and are packaged "officially" in Ubuntu; please
file bugs. If it doesn't help you because you changed apps, then at
least it can help others.

I'm especially thinking about Gwibber. In my experience it works
really well, and is reasonably fast. If you have a different
experience, it's something that's worth bringing up as a Launchpad
bug, not just on a LoCo mailing list.

Regards,

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl at gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93