Windows looks more like Ubuntu every day

Dorian Douma agreatwhitebird at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 21:06:07 UTC 2011

There's the look and then there's the feel. I find that all 3 OSs are
looking more glassy, smoky and holographic all the time, but I think
that Apple is the only one who's bucking the trend a bit. Recent
versions of MacOS have become less glitchy-feeling and less electric
looking and now they feel a bit more like using really old, smooth
metal machinery. Ubuntu these days feels like using melting plastic.
Definitely a computer-y feel. But to me it's the most neutral of the
bunch.

It's also the most flexible in appearance... it's easier to download,
install and use themes than it is in Windows, and there are NO
built-in options to make MacOS look different.

My favourite era of OS esthetics was MacOS9 vs. Windows2000. I even
remember how beautiful OS 7.6 and Windows 95 looked back in the day.

It's like it follows car fashion.