Ubuntu Hour Ottawa this week Thursday Jan 13 - I will NOT be able to attend

george.standish at gmail.com george.standish at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:39:39 UTC 2011

If anyone was planning on going this week, I cannot attend due to a
scheduling conflict with school.

The turnout has certainly been "up and down" for these meetings over
the last six months.  I would like to move the Ubuntu Hour (Ottawa) to
a non-pub/bar location.  Drinking alone waiting to see is anyone shows
up (and so far at least one person has always made it out) isn't too
fun.  Not to mention beer is much more expensive then a coffee.  I was
thinking Umi Cafe or perhaps a Bridgehead location - but am certainly
open to any suggestions.  Perhaps a little earlier as well?  7PM
instead of 8PM?  But still on the same 2nd Thursday of the month, to
try to avoid conflicts with OCLUG meetings.

Again, due to a one time school event, I will NOT be attending Ubuntu
Hour Ottawa at The Ex this Thursday, January 13, 2011.

If there is a huge turnout this week someone let me know!

Would a new time / location / day be better for people?  Please give
any input or suggestions for drawing a bigger crowd ;)

If not, I'm going to update the Ubuntu Hour Wiki page and the LoCo
Directory events page (I just noticed that it's not even listed on the
Ubuntu-ca LoCo Events list for this month!  My bad for not updating!),
later this week or early next with a new time/location for Ubuntu Hour
Ottawa.

Take care,
George Standish
(aka ZykoticK9)