Did apple just copy ubuntu?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jan 10 22:22:58 UTC 2011

Ha! What did I tell you?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/no-gpl-apps-for-apples-app-store/8046

      No GPL Apps for Apple's App Store

    On January 7th, Apple removed VLC media player from its application
    store for iDevices. Thus the incompatibility between the GNU General
    Public License and the AppStore terms of use is resolved–the hard
    way. This end should not have come to a surprise to anyone, given
    the precedents.

--Bob, who thinks "What did I tell you?" is ever so much nicer than "I
told you so!"