Stars Update Excellent

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Jan 7 20:58:30 UTC 2011

Try Crossover Linux (formerly Crossover Office). It's a paid product,
but probably offers the best Windows emulation going.  And it doesn't
require a Windows license to run (although the school probably does need
an Office2010 license). Office 2010 isn't on the list of "official"
supported applications, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't work.

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/

Codeweavers, who make Crossover Linux, are a major contributor to the
Wine project.  I think that much of the Crossover code eventually finds
its way into Wine.

Of course, if the school really wants to figure out Linux then they
should actually use Linux, and actually use native Linux applications
(and, preferably, open document formats too).

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman<bjonkman at sobac.com>           http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software   ---   Office&   Business Automation   ---   Consulting