Dial-up Modems no longer supported

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Feb 22 04:09:20 UTC 2011

On 2/21/2011 3:58 PM, Tek Ang wrote:
> Well, this discussion intrigued me to test drive BlankOn:
> http://tek-ubuntu.blogspot.com/
>
> :: Ang Tek Gie
> :: rugbeeprop at yahoo.com

People in other parts of the World still have Dial-up, and just making
that a Speed Bump, makes it so that Ubuntu will not see action in those
Countries! It is just too difficult to not be able to get the software
you need to connect to Dialup, by having to Connect First, to get that
software! Ages ago I programmed in Languages that are now long
forgotten. So now Ubuntu is not something I just get into Terminal with
and do some Magic Stuff with. -gnome-network-admin was a very good
program, very easy to use, and should be included on any Ubuntu Install
Disc so that anywhere in the world the disc goes, it is easy for people
to connect in any way possible. Dial-up, or Wifi, or Lan, or DSL, or
other ways. That makes this Linux universally Acceptable anywhere on
this Planet, and even beyond! It is like shooting yourself in the Foot,
when you make it difficult to connect!

Alfred!