How's my driving? CLUE policy coordinator

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:11:44 UTC 2011

Every once in a while I like to re-introduce myself to fellow Ubuntu
users.  I'm the policy coordinator for CLUE: Canada's association for
Open Source http://cluecan.ca/policy/

The area of policy that I have been most active in is federal
copyright law.  I have been attending almost all of the Bill C-32
committee hearings in person, posting my thoughts about each meeting
to http://billc32.ca/com

I don't know when I will be invited to speak in front of the
committee, but I want to ensure that I am representing Free/Libre and
Open Source Software developers and users well when I do.

If you haven't seen our copyright policy summary, it is at
http://www.cluecan.ca/policy/copyright

If you like it, consider trying to convince your local LUG or other
FLOSS associated group to endorse it.  There are also two petitions
that CLUE has endorsed that you may consider having your association
endorse, and possibly coordinate collecting signatures.

If you want to talk about any of the policy in detail, including how
Bill C-32 will impact FLOSS developers and users, the best place is
likely the CLUE general discussion forum http://www.cluecan.ca/lists

Thanks, and chat more later.

Note: Please forward this to local LUG/etc groups.  The more that are
aware of our work in Ottawa, and the more feedback and discussion we
receive, the better.