update manager

David Curtis dave.c.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:46:25 UTC 2011

On 2/18/11, raymond house <raymondh40 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, the last 2 update packages I received, I could not download.
> I get : failed to lock the package manager. In the details I get : the
> package indexes are currently changed by apt-get. ?? I don,t know what this
> means.  Thanks

It means you have another process running that is accessing the
package database, close any running synaptic package manager, software
center etc. If it really is apt-get that is running then you might
need to wait while a security update completes. Or maybe you were
running apt-get in a terminal, perhaps?