Microsoft trying new way to get at Linux?

swfiua at gmail.com swfiua at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:22:29 UTC 2011

I'm pretty sad to see the way things have panned out for Nokia.   They have
been pretty good supporters of open source.    The Nokia 770 and subsequent
devices could have turned into what Android is becoming.

Nokia have thrown big resources at research, it is sad to see them bailing
out to Microsoft like this.

On the other hand, I read a piece the other day about mobile companies who
previously did deals with MS to use windows mobile, they've pretty much all
bailed out to Android, so maybe Nokia will see the light before it is too
late.

John