config editor

Chris candive1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:10:45 UTC 2011

Raymond, try this.
I am now a member of both "Ultimate Edition Forums"
I think they are the best Linux forums on the internet.

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/index.php
https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum/index.php

Chris.

Re: All installed pkgs missing pieces

by Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Hello LinuxPusher.

You have few issues on this post.
quick few step for you on the system.

1- open terminal and:
Code:  sudo apt-get update
Then:
Code:  sudo apt-get upgrade

if there are upgrades please Y to all the Upgrades.

2 - open Ubuntu tweak and load the software + source software.

3 - ( hope that you have install your Video Card in Advance).

4 - open Synaptic Fix Broken Packages.
5 - close Synaptic - open terminal and:

Code: Select all sudo dpkg --configure -a

Then:

Code: Select allsudo apt-get install -f

and restart your machine after all the process done.
please post back on the issues.

Amir.

2.) LinuxPusher.

some info for you on Nvidia Cards and Drivers:

in Ubuntu tweak - on the software source you will see - Ubuntu-X.
mark the source and apply.
That will update the source.list for Nvidia.
when it is done - close the Ubuntu Tweak and open terminl.

copy and past the commandes in the terminal+Enter.

Code: Select allsudo apt-get update

Then :

Code: Select allsudo apt-get upgrade

Now you will get in the upgrade all the new Drivers for you Video Card+others.
Apply in the terminal with - Y+ Enter.

Amir

www.bglug.ca