Ubuntu Natty 11.04

bergfly bergfly at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:32:26 UTC 2011

The good news for KDE users is that Kubuntu only seems better in 11.04. I
don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with 11.04, just an
unfamiliar half finished user interface. This reminds me very much of the
early KDE 4 releases. Kubuntu released with 4.1 and to be honest it was
pretty much unusable. The latest release (4.6.2 on 11.04) is awesome. My
recommendations is either force yourself to adjust and be part of the
solution (pretty painful at this stage, I tried and gave up) or run familiar
gnome and have another go at 11.10. I see no need to roll back to 10.10,
just to avoid Unity (the irony in the name is astonding...) until it
is usable.

cheers

Fly