Bell, tv on line

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:58:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 6:10 AM, raymond house <raymondh40 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, my daughter registered with Bell at http:// tv on line.bell.ca
> and could watch movies from her laptop when she was using windows but it no
> longer works with Ubuntu. Has anyone got an idea what has to be done to
> correct this?  Thanks

  When you say "no longer works", do you mean it worked on Ubuntu in
the past, but doesn't now?

  I'm not a Bell customer so don't know the details of the service,
but think that clarity on this question might help.  Do you access it
from any other non-Windows computer currently, and with which browser?

BTW: I went to http://tvonline.bell.ca/   and clicked on a random link
and was sent to the ctv.ca viewer which uses Flash.  Is it possible
you haven't installed the Flash player on the machine?   I've used the
ctv.ca player to watch a number of shows (same player as used by
Spacecast.com -- and some shows I often catch-up on from my Ubutu
desktop).

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://creform.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"