Mailing List Tips

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:59:17 UTC 2011

I prefer top-posting, personally. :)

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
> (4) When you reply, remember to reply at the bottom and not on the top.
> Top posting is generally not encouraged because it makes preservation of
> chronological order difficult to follow for readers.

I acknowledge mixing top-posting and bottom posting is confusing.  But
most mail clients default to top-posting these days, so most newbies
top-post.  Most old school mailing list people try to enforce bottom
posting.  It ends up being a mess.  I think it's a losing battle.

I just roll with it and not fret too much.  Life's too short, really.

Darcy.