Dedicated Linux Machine

Hugh McDevitt crustyasp46 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:54:44 UTC 2011

I should clarify, what I am looking for. A tour of the local computer
inquiring about a new computer totally compatible with a Linux
distribution installed, ie; Ubuntu or Mint  drew a lot of umms and
can't dos.

I have a HP desktop with Vista on it, that causes problems constantly,
and an old very finicky Toshiba laptop with Ubuntu 10.04, that just
seems to die shortly after start up, then reboots OK then dies again.

Am now thinking about a new computer, and do not want one with any
version of Windows on it.I just refuse to pay anymore for an inferior
product or in any way support it. I figure that if I am going to have
a problem with an OS, I may as well go with one that at least is well
supported through forums and formats like this, where answers always
seem available almost immediately.

I am not enthusiastic about going to anywhere like a box store to get
a new computer to just have them or me uninstall a Windows version,
and still in a sense support Microsoft.

My new computer would probably be in the 500 -600 range, Laptop or
Desktop is still undecided. And if I can not find anyone in the area
to build one and set it up at the beginning for me, I just take the
advice and try building a system myself with the hardware that supprts
Linux  Thank you all that have responded.