ubuntu 10.04 Kdenlive pan and zoom

Doug Stewart doug.dastew at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:47:16 UTC 2010

I am running Ubuntu 10.4 with all the updates

and

Kdenlive
Version 0.7.7.1
Using KDE Development Platform 4.4.2 (KDE 4.4.2)

from the Ubuntu packages.

The pan and zoom feature does not work on my setup.

I did read what I could find at the kdenlive page and it said that you
need a latest edition of MLT to make pan and zoom to work.
But Ubuntu has a warning about loading kdenlive and or MLT files from
the wizard. (I don't fully understand the warning)

My question is:

Does pan and zoom work for any body on this list?
If it does   -  What did you do to make it work?

Doug Stewart