SoOnCon THIS WEEKEND! in Kitchener!

Eric 1ballistic1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 00:03:51 UTC 2010

Hey Jeff,

I have a version of your story that might be encouraging:
My wife's computer, same idea, but infection, not a HD failure.
Caused by her family twice, and herself once in the space of about 2 years.

After the third rebuild, I stopped giving the option of XP.
Installed 9.04, set up the desktop so she could find her (now
open-source) programs.
A year later, she's still infection-free, and very happily browsing
the internet.

Just a note to say don't give up...
Eric