LUG outreach

Chris candive1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:16:04 UTC 2010

Darcy,

Yes, Yes & yes long story short.

I was a Commercial Diver/Owner and Sport Diver prematurely retired by a
careless driver, I lost my argument with a Hydro Pole.
Eventually my attention turned to my work PC which I proceeded to Crash,
Format, disassemble / reassemble etc.
I took a college computer course, but due to injuries barely made it through
the course which introduced me to Knoppix 5.0
I joined a Scuba web page/mailing list were a local Sport Diver and Linux
enthusiast introduced me to my Local lug.
I have been going ever since.

I learned about the Stars Program at the lug meeting were we were asked if
we could help build Pc's for Charity.
Andrew one of lug leaders and STARS founder now works full time on call etc
and is unable to devote the time to the project.
I am Retired and since there is no set schedule I took up
the Volunteer cause with help from bglug members.

Chris.