ubuntu-ca.org needs help!

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Sat May 8 06:13:13 UTC 2010

I would agree that the status quo doesn't seem to work very well at
all.  I would also agree that putting it in the slack space of some
individual's personal hosting has a number of problems.  I think the
idea of a VPS sponsored by Canadian businesses or through small
contributions (25 cents a month each?) from the community is probably
the best way to go, and we can make sure enough people and the right
people have access so it stays alive.  I don't know that it
necessarily has to be a Canadian VPS provider though - in particular
because Linode is many levels of awesome and very supportive of
Ubuntu-running servers, but US-based.

 - Tony