http://www.ubuntu-ca.org/ link-graphic question

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue May 4 09:01:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 20:59 -0400, George Standish wrote:
> In the top left corner of http://www.ubuntu-ca.org/ there is a link
> to http://www.ubuntu-ca.org/ entitled "Ubuntu Canada".
>

> Using FireFox I can see the image "Ubuntu Canada", using Chromium I
> see a broken image icon.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to cause or
> corrective measure?
>

> George
Hi:

I saw your Post, and thought about it.

What's going on here, is that the code for the Icon is correct, and in
Firefox the code to show the Icon is also Correct, but in Chromium the
Code to show the Icon is incorrect.

A Browser, interprets the code of a Web Page, and then Displays that
Code, in a way that you can see it. That is if all is going well.
However Web Page Writers are faced with the fact that there are many
browsers out there, that show the contents of a Web Page Differently.
Some Content Managing Programs even have areas in them that will show
Web Content with different browsers.

1) Some Web Pages say on them that it is best to use this Browser or
These Browsers, so that the intended layout, will be the one that you
see.

2) Some times Web Content people will make an effort to show something
in every kind of Browser, by making adjustments to the Web code, to put
this in effect.

3) As Chromium is a newer thing, it might be that it needs a bit more
development to be able to show that Icon Correctly.

Alfred!