Hello Ubuntu-CA LoCo. Links about me, a couple of LoCo questions, and some Canadian Karma stats

George Standish george.standish at gmail.com
Mon May 3 06:06:47 UTC 2010

Hello, my name is George Standish - wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GeorgeStandish Launchpad page:
https://launchpad.net/~george-standish

Does anyone happen to Know
-----------------------------------

1) The contact info for any of the OPs in the #ubuntu-ca IRC channel on
freenode?

The OPs appear to be: Burgundavia, coleSLAW, and Madpilot.

The current /TOPIC reads as follows:

* Topic for #ubuntu-ca is:
Ubuntu Canada LocoTeam | http://www.ubuntu-ca.org/ - with Drupal & New
Planned Shininesss | WikiPage: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam | S.V.P
utilisez #ubuntu-qc pour soutien en français | Next Canada meeting:TBA |
Please download using BitTorrent:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#bt | Happy Karmic Koala Day
- 29 October 2009
* Topic for #ubuntu-ca set by jgoguen at Thu Oct 29 15:40:04 2009

This was set October 29, 2009, I believe it is time for an update.  My
suggestions would be as follows, remove "- with Drupal & New Planned
Shininesss", "Next Canada meeting:TBA", as well as "Happy Karmic Koala Day -
29 October 2009".  Add a link to the Launchpad group page.

* Topic SUGGESTED for #ubuntu-ca is:
Ubuntu Canada LocoTeam | http://www.ubuntu-ca.org/ | WikiPage:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam | Launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ca | S.V.P utilisez #ubuntu-qc pour soutien en
français | Please download using BitTorrent:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#bt
* Topic NOT CURRENTLY set

2) The contact info for the individual(s) responsible for the
http://www.ubuntu-ca.org/ site?

A) There is a broken graphical link in the top left corner.

B) The last update to the body is from November, 2009.  I would suggest we
try to get any blogs/articles/photos from the Canadian Lucid Release parties
collected together and posted/linked as an update.  John Gills blog about
Ottawa release party at
http://bytesnbikes.blogspot.com/2010/05/350-increase-in-ottawa-ubuntu-in-just-6.html
and
the Picasa photo album
http://picasaweb.google.com/swfiua/LucidLynxReleaseParty# does anyone else
on the mailing list have anything from your Lucid parties?

C) The Lucid Countdown ticker on the left side, appears to be stuck at "26
days to go".

Launchpad Karma Stats for Canadian Loco team
as of 2010-05-02 (between 10-11PM)

Total Canadian Karma: 168537

Top Ten Canadian LoCo Karma list:

01 Chuck Short 49361
02 George Standish 25912
03 Marc Tardif 15541
04 Cody A.W. Somerville 12380
05 Mathieu Trudel 7858
06 Mathieu Charron 7132
07 Nick Irvine 7083
10 Ryan Kavanagh 4013

Hey Chuck, enjoy the top spot while you have it ;)

Two good ways to generate Karma on Launchpad: 1) report bugs by using
"ubuntu-bug $PACKAGE_NAME" or 2) asking or answering questions at
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu an excellent resource/tool for issues.

Sorry if this message is too long :)

Take care,
George