Eqonomize! Freezes Computer all the time!

alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Thu Mar 25 03:55:09 UTC 2010

On 23/03/2010 9:32 AM, Alfred wrote:
> Hi: I used to use Gnu-Cash for accounting, but then on an upgrade it
> would not work anymore. This was a few years back. It's hard enough to
> keep the Accounting going, with out having to wait several months for an
> upgrade like this to get fixed.
>
> So I switched to Eqonomize. It used to work very well, but on an upgrade
> it now switches almost randomly between interfaces. It freezes my
> computer when you try to input a Category. A Dialogue Box comes up with
> Choices, and then it freezes, so you have to hit Reset to stop the
> Computer.
>
> Any other program running freezes the computer too, when Eqonomize is
> Running. Update Manager keeps on coming on, even though I made the
> settings on it to never check, and unchecked all the repositories, it
> uses, it still comes on. When Eqonomize is running it freezes the
> Computer. I want the Older Version Back!!! It worked very well!! Now
> there are Payees added, and all kinds of changes that Don't work! I
> DON"T WANT BETAS, That SCREW EVERYTHING UP! I want to be able to use
> Stable Software, Software that works well!
>
> With Upgrades make it so that if something is beta, it does not get
> loaded unless the person using it likes Beta. I don't like Beta, I like
> Stable!!
>
> You all want Linux to be adopted, well for 6 years I used it every day,
> if it is going to be more beta, I'm going back to Windows!
>
> Ubuntu 9.04 amd-64 Version! Running on a AMD 64 Dual Core, with 8 Gigs
> of DDR-2.
>
> Alfred!

I looked at this further, this was on a Computer that used Wubi.
Wubi.exe it appears came from the USA. So it used a server in the USA.
Wubi to get into it, you need to uninstall any previous install, and
re-download the install data. So as I was doing this the first time, one
of the Kernels came up BAD. BROKEN. When doing the Upgrade. Then on
another machine, on an upgrade, the Kernels loaded OK, but Synaptic had
a problem, and Update Manager had a problem. So I got rid of Wubi and
started again. This time the whole basic install was OK. Then I went
into Software Sources, and changed from the Main USA SERVER to the
Canadian Server, before adding programs to the Basic install in Synaptic
and The Software Centre. This time everything loaded OK, No Errors or
broken Packages.

So it appears that there might be noises in the signal from the USA. If
it gets bounced of a Satellite, there can be Echo, and maybe the Echo
Suppressors don't work that good, from the USA. I used UWaterloo, and
every downloaded OK this time. This noise online might be the cause of
many software related problems, because of Drop outs. Using the choose
best Server Option might get you the fastest Server, but then the
keyboard Layout would be the default one for that far away country, so
some of these options may be causing problems with software in it's
delivery to you! You cant here the noise when the signal is 317K/s but
the Wifi does hear the noise and it results in Broken Software.

Alfred!