Whats this?

Mark Ueki Mina themarker0 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 17:25:39 UTC 2010

If your having issues with Grub, you can always use Lilo.

I use it for Mandriva, grub never works with it.

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:16:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Whats this?
From: candive1 at gmail.com
To: ubuntu-ca at lists.ubuntu.com

Thanks Leigh,

I think now I'm having similar troubles as Alfred.
I tried to install Netbook 10.04 on my Toshiba P-100 Laptop and received the message "Rescue Grub" I have neither the know how or time to learn this right now.
I am presently trying live CD 9.04 to try to recover info on dual boot Toshiba laptop.
When I was able once to install 10.04 netbook on my MSI U-100 Netbook when I tried to do the first update it stalled at 1 of 15.
I received a warning about invalid signatures.
I think there may be a serious problem with the repositories or my update was being redirected to unknown sources.
Note: I have tried wireless at two separate sites in town and wired at my BGLUG with the same results.
It may also be my 10.04 CD which I downloaded, I have done this with many other distros with no problems.

I hope this helps somehow.

Chris.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Leigh Honeywell <leigh at hypatia.ca> wrote:

On 10-06-17 11:35 AM, Chris wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just received this site confirmation in my gmail I have no idea who or
> why.
>
> http://lists.rktmb.org/confirm/general/50b6c427677c7d9efaf8385db65a8836796a18d9
> http://www.rktmb.org/

Looks like some kinda spam blog.  The lists.rktmb.org address is not
resolving.  I don't see anything malicius on the www address... but that
could change at any moment :/

-Leigh