Email

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Fri Jun 18 15:21:12 UTC 2010

No no no, that's not at all waht the machine-update script is looking for :)

Doug: the machine-update script just needs to be able to send mail out
from your machine.  Install postfix - you can reinstall it after.

Depending on your ISP, you may need to configure postfix to relay mail
through their servers.  Details here:
http://freelock.com/kb/Postfix_relayhost

Note that you can also use gmail as your relayhost.  Or your ISP may
just not block outgoing mail, though this is increasingly rare :)

-Leigh