Apps greying out

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:31:43 UTC 2010

Thanks, Jonathan. I should try to run the binary, restore the backup, and
then do the update from Help... My relative is nnot in a rush to upgrade to
Thunderbird 3x series, but at some point I've either got to upgrade or
switch email programs.

I have no problem running Thunderbird 2.0.0.24, but the "Check for Updates"
in Help is greyed out. Any ideas ?

Daniel, the "Check for Updates" menu item is probably grayed out because