Recovering the 250 Gig Hard Drive...

Victor Mendonça victorbrca at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 16 02:30:39 UTC 2010

Alfred,

I would strongly advise you to look for help from a local Linux group or store to avoid loosing any data that might be left on your machine. If you are close to Mississauga there's a caffé/shop that holds a free support service once a month (http://caffenix.com/support/free-computer-makeover). Otherwise any local LUG should be more than happy to help you.

To answer you question without getting into much details, you should be able to change the permissions on that temp directory (with 'chown') from the live CD. I would advise in not deleting the folder or contents and trying to figure out what they have inside.

Cheers,

Victor Mendonça
http://wazem.org/